Monday, December 26, 2011

Top 10 Books I've Read in 2011


Top 10 Books I've Read in 2011(in no particular order):


1) Shade and Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready


I just absolutely adore this series, and Jeri Smith-Ready is absolutely beyond amazing! I'm soooooo glad I went to the RTBookLovers Convention. Otherwise, I might have never even picked up Shade. O.O











2) Looking for Alaska by John Green


Reading this book was like diving into the ocean without an oxygen tank (excuse the inadequate metaphor). When I finished this book, it felt like a train ran over me and smashed me into bits. So yeah, obviously I love John Green.











3) The Shiver trilogy (Shiver, Linger, Forever) by Maggie Stiefvater


This is pretty much my favorite book of all time. You know my reaction for Looking for Alaska? Multiply that by about googol and you get how I feel about this book. Sam and Grace are pretty much the best couple created in the literature world. :]











4) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater


This was my favorite book of all time until I read Shiver. So, yeah, Maggie Stiefvater has topped my favorites-all-time list twice. I absolutely adore this book, and okay, I totally want a Sean Kendrick. There, I said it.











5) Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins



I. Love. Stephanie Perkins. Her books are like S'mores. You might get burned, things might get a bit messy, but in the end everything is absolutely luscious. (Also, I am in love with Cricket Bell.)












6) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand


Tucker! Tucker Avery! I love you You know that book you're in? Absolutely amazing. Best angel book I've ever read. (that's right. *nods head vigorously*) Now, I can't believe you really smell like oreos, oh my gosh when's January again-OMG FIVE DAYS JUST FIVE DAYS.










7) The Hunger Games trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay) by Suzanne Collins

Do I really have to explain this one? I don't think so. (Except how long it took me to read it... seriously, Juli, what the heck were you thinking?) And the movie sounds/looks so EPIC. Yeep. Peeta. (alright, alright, I'm pretty obsessed with fictional boys. You got a problem with that?)










8) Graceling by Kristin Cashore


Here's a funny story: My friend Soph kept on insisting on me reading this book. So I was like, hey, how about you go nominate Puck (The Scorpio Races) and Aura (Shade) for the Heroines Tourney, and I'll read it. So she did, and I read this book, and holy frexing kois, I'll be listening to her book recommendations for sure now.









9) Legend by Marie Lu


Wow, this book was great. I may or may not be stalking Marie Lu now. In fact, I insisted on not going over to my friend's house until I finished this book (and I hadn't had time to see her for weeks. Yeah.)











10) An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
I think my love for John Green is pretty flagrant. This book changed my life-pretty much, anyhow. I am the female Colin, you guys. It made me see how life is so much more than what you are expected to be, and how it's okay to be yourself.

It taught me to be me, and I can't ever thank John enough for that.

(I guess I have a thing for prodigies.)



So maybe I cheated a little, putting the series as one book, but come on--just 10 books? That's like asking me to choose 10 random pieces of chocolate in a box of chocolate. Hmmm chocolate....

Honorable mentions:  
Divergent by Veronica Roth (right, so, I really wanted to put this on THE LIST, but... too little spots!! Too little, I tell ya! And--come on, this was my first review. Ever. Clearly I love it.)
Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver (Magical. Enough said.)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver (ALLLEXXXXX.)
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (Loved this book. Yup yup.)
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (I know this is cliché, but it's true: after reading this book, I have never been the same again. This book will completely change you. Gosh, I...)
*Edited to add* And of course, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. (Thanks, Brooke! I totally forgot about this one! O.O) 

What are YOUR top 10 reads of 2011?

2 comments:

  1. YO, I am pretty much in love with your list! Have you had a chance to read Fire, the companion to Graceling? I think I loved it even more so definitely give it a go if you haven't already.

    New follower! :D

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stephanie

    Thank you! :D

    And yes, I have read FIRE. I reviewed it on Goodreads exclusively here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...