Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Heart You, You Blow Me Away

I Heart You, You Haunt Me
By: Lisa Schroeder
Reported by: Juli Helms


Girl meets boy.

Girl loses boy.

Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

-Summary from Goodreads



I've never read
a verse novel
until
now.

And           
I'm             n
             w
         o
     l
b
a w a y.

Lisa Schroeder writes with a lyrical, haunting prose that fits perfectly into the tone of the story. I've read books about girls in love with their ghost boyfriends (SHADE & SHIFT), so this concept wasn't new for me, but to read it in verse definitely added a new layer to the story that really touched me.

I love how Ms. Schroeder plays with words, like
q
 u
i
 v
e
 r.
It really adds a special touch to the story that makes it unique, despite its concept. The characters really spoke out to me as well. I felt connected to them and I wanted to fly through this book at the same time I wanted to savor every word.

I Heart You, You Haunt Me, is, in a word, beautiful. I'll definitely be reading more Lisa Schroeder books in the future.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...