Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2012


It's the last day of Top 10 Week! I hope you all had a great week. I have divided my Top 10 into two lists:

A) Top 10 Sequels I'm Looking Forward to in 2012
B) Top 10 Debuts I'm Looking Forward to in 2012

Also, because I am running late on life, please excuse my lack of formatting and any mistakes you might see. Thanks!


Here is List A, in no particular order:
 Top 10  Sequels I'm Looking Forward to in 2012


1) Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

I love Jeri Smith-Ready, yo! I can't wait for Shine. I mean, there's a certain castle scene, and I-just kidding, that's not the reason (okay, not the only reason) why I'm looking forward to Shine. It's the end of the series, and though tears will inevitably be shed, I can't wait to find out what happens to my beloved characters!











2) Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


One word: Alex. Two words: What. Happened. Three words: Need it now!













3) Hallowed by Cynthia Hand


Jaime claims that Hallowed will make me switch to Team Christian. I refuse to believe it! Which, obviously, is why I want to read this. I mean, what could possibly make me un-Team Tucker?












4) Insurgent by Veronica Roth 



I absolutely loved Divergent. The world Veronica has created is compelling and dangerous--a deadly combination that has me hooked to this trilogy!











5) A Million Suns by Beth Revis


Wow, is Beth Revis awesome. Godspeed is a claustrophobic, nauseous setting that makes you feel like you have asthma. I absolutely adore the characters, and can't wait to see what awaits the crew... and the secrets they have yet to discover.











6) Timepiece by Myra McEntire


Emerson is a kick-rump heroine who is absolutely awesome! She's witty, funny, smart, and I would love to have her as my BFF. And Michael and Kaleb are just like, O.O-ly fascinating. Besides, how amazing is that cover?











7) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

*COVER TO COME*
There are no words to describe how much I love Stephanie Perkins. No words. (Except that she writes some of the best romances I've ever read, and is pretty much my favorite contemporary author besides John Green)

8) Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake


Amazing cover? CHECK.
Freak-tastic heroine? CHECK.
Drool-worthy romance/boy? CHECKCHECKCHECK.
Comes out soon enough? ....-.- no.











9) The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

*COVER TO COME*
The Lightning Thief was the first MG series that completely blew me away. Rick's spin-off series is one of the rare spin-offs that actually are just as good, if not better, than the original series, and  I can't wait for the next installment. From the word Athena, I'm guessing this has something to do with Annabeth! :D

10) Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter



Ally Carter was the reason I went to the RT BookLovers Convention back in April this year, and how I met so many amazing authors. She's the one who got me addicted to reading. Obviously, I can't wait for the Zach in a towel scene next book in the beloved Gallagher Girls series!



Sequels that came this close to making it in the Top 10: 
-Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
-Hidden by Sophie Jordan
-Heist Society 3 by Ally Carter (**no Goodreads link**)
-Legend 2 by Marie Lu (**no Goodreads link**)
-Shatter Me 2 by Tahereh Mafi

And because I'm running late, I had to condense my Top 10 Debuts I'm Looking Forward to in 2012 list by taking out the individual pictures, sorry! And as always, it's not in any particular order.


Top 10 Debuts I'm Looking Forward to in 2012


1) The Selection by Kiera Cass
I love Kiera! Her Youtube is so funny, and this book sounds super cute and fun as well.

2) Everneath by Brodi Ashton
GREEK MYTHOLOGY! Need I say more?

3) Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Jodi is so awesome, and Incarnate has such a cool concept behind it. I've got this one on ARC tour soon, and I can't wait to read it.

4) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I've heard so much praise for this book! I've got this one on ARC tour as well, and here's hoping the contents live up to the cover and hype!

5) Crewel by Gennifer Albin

*COVER TO COME*
Have you all heard of Gennifer Albin's success story (due to time limits, I'm not going to find the link, but I'm sure you can just Google it)? It's jaw-droppingly amazing, and I can't wait to read Crewel. Its concept is mesmorizing!

6) Queen of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

*COVER TO COME*
Assassin Cinderella!? Um,  count me in, please!



7) Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Another Cinderella twist. Love those!

8) The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
The cover is beautiful! The synopsis sounds awesome! I can't wait to read it.

9) Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Woot! Witches FTW!

10) Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

*COVER TO COME*  
I love Shannon. She's fantastic. Obviously, her book must make my list!

Honorable Mentions: 
-Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
-When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen
-Above by Leah Bobet
-EVERY OTHER DEBUT OUT THERE! :D

_________________
And for overall stats, I don't know the page number, but I read over 100 books this year! :)

That's it!

What are the Top 10 Books YOU're looking forward to in 2012?

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Of Poseidon by Anna Banks to come out.I'm also excited for Fated by Alyson Noel ,and Tempest by Julie cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoàng Quân đem đến cho quý khách các dịch vụ thue xe tốt nhất http://thuexe16chorenhat.com, http://thuexedulich29cho.com/ uy tín nhat Ha Noi.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...