Thursday, October 27, 2011

Queryometer and hiatus WHAT?

H-H-H-HIATUS

You guys. YOU GUYS.

I'm going on a hiatus.

"Wait, WHAT?" you say? I know, I know. I really don't want to, and I'll still be updating the blog at least once a week (so I guess it's not really a hiatus...) but here's the reason why:

I go to school. I write. I'm the debate captain. I have activities involving music. I need to wash those dishes. I need to finish my papers. I-

need to do a lot of stuff. And even though I want to try and balance all of this, it just doesn't work. For the past three MONTHS I've been sleeping at midnight every night, and I just can't do that anymore, so... yeah. I'm really sorry. :(


QUERYOMETER

Now, some of you may know that I have started querying my YA Fantasy novel. I want to share with you guys my successes and failures, so you know it's normal to get rejected, and that you shouldn't ever ever let that make you give up!

I'm going to start officially querying in November, but I've sent out one query so far. I also entered this pitch contest where the agent requested my full! YEEEP!! So, yeah. Basically, I will have a QUERYOMETER gadget on the right sidebar of my blog, and there I will post the number of rejections, partial requests, full requests, offer of rep, total, etc. Let's travel this journey together! :D


OTHER NEWS

In other news, I recently did a guest blog on the Midnyte Reader. Check that out here! Also, don't forget to vote for my friend Amy's trailer for the SLJ Trailee awards here (Amy's trailer is under the Adults category--Incarceron by Catherine Fisher)! Trust me, you won't regret it.

And that's it! Thanks for tuning in, all. YOU ROCK! \m/

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...