Friday, October 21, 2011

The craziness that is querying



AHHHHHH!!

*takes a deep breath*

So, as most of you guys know, I like to write.
I like writing so much that I wrote a book.
I worked so hard on the book that today, after I finished typesetting, I indulged myself and let the anxiety swallow me, and I
SENT
A
QUERY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of you are writers. And if you are, you know the CRAZINESS that is querying. Honestly, I have a few friends looking at the manuscript right now, but I felt confident enough to send a "test query" to an agent.
Yeah.
Test query.

LIES!!

I already wrote a query, so I pasted it in the e-mail. I personalized it. I stared at it. I told myself it was just a "test query". I stared at it longer. I stared at it so hard my eyes started burning.

I stared at it until my brother got tired of me staring and just told me to freakin' hit the send button already.

And, you guys?
Here's a secret:

It's my first query.


AND I WAS TOTALLY TERRIFIED!

So I kept making up these excuses. And then I sent it to myself first to check for any formatting problems. AND THEN
I
SENT
IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I'm going crazy right now. I mean, this agent doesn't reply unless she's interested. So... if I kind of get a bit off my rocker in the next few weeks, you guys know why, right?

Okay.

Okay.

*checks e-mail*

GAHHHHH!!!
Photobucket






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...