Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {31}

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. Basically, it highlights the book(s) I'm most anxiously anticipating this week.

Speaking of which, my pick this time around is...



City of a Thousand Dolls
By: Miriam Forster
Release Date: February 5th, 2013 from HarperCollins

The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.

Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.

Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life.


-Summary from Goodreads
Pre-order: Barnes & Noble || Amazon || Book Depository 


This book.

Oh my gosh.

There are NO WORDS that I can use to describe how excited I am for it. That title! That cover! AHHHHH!!!! It sounds just plain amazing, kind of like a mix between Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and Eon by Alison Goodman. Clearly, epicness ensues. And clearly, I cannot wait for it. When ARCs come around, please imprint one with my name. I will be shaking with joy, aye.

What are YOU waiting on this week?
The Reviews News

8 comments:

  1. I love the Poison Study/Eon comparison there, this does lookmk amazing though the cover gives a MG vive :)

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so fantastic and this has been on my wishlist ever since I saw it! Can't wait to read this one, too bad February can't come fast enough.

    Care to stop by my WoW? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This sounds really good. Adding it up on my GR tbr! Thanks for sharing!
    Here's Here's mine. :)
    Have a great day!
    P.S New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked this one this week too XD It sounds AWESOME and the cover is wonderful!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard of this one until now, but it looks pretty awesome! :D
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGGG this book looks AMAZING!!!! I'm soooo looking forward to it as well!!!! Awesome choice, I can't wait to get my hands on this one :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cover! And the blurb is great.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting choice! Looks good.

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...